Friday 9 January 2009

www.paulryding.com


With clients including MySpace, NYLON magazine, Glasgow-based design firm After The News and Channel 4, Paul could be described as being in the second phase of his career. “I moved to London four months ago and I’m kicking myself that I didn’t do it sooner,” he admits.

Paul previously lived and worked in Glasgow, graduating from the Glasgow School of Art in 2003. He began his career selling and exhibiting screenprints in galleries, trying to make it as a ‘real artist’. The resulting publicity and media attention convinced him that he’d rather see his work in print than in a gallery. “I began applying my first love of pencil studies to the same print-making technique through Photoshop,” Paul explains. Now most of his work is for clients in publishing and advertising.

Lorem Ipsum A centrefold illustration for the eponymous magazine, published by design and communications firm After The News. “They gave me free rein to do whatever I wanted,” Paul says. “The mag contained some really dense essays about design that I couldn’t get my head around, so I settled for some shameless self-promotion.”

No comments: